Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Standing Alone

Lutheran Valley Retreat, Divide, Colorado

I don't usually take pictures of flowers, but I'm not against people who do. In fact, many photographers take pictures of flowers. Let's be honest, they're beautiful.

However, this flower grabbed my attention as I hiked the Cedar Mountain trail near Lutheran Valley Retreat. It wasn't the beauty of the flower that caught my eye. It wasn't its symmetry. What captured my attention was the fact that it was the only flower of its kind that I saw.

It stood out because it stood alone in its beauty.

Christians are called to live a life that makes a difference in the world.

"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2 New Living Translation

People who have been transformed by the love of God in Christ are people whom God uses to transform the world around them.

In the same way that the beauty of this flower caused me to stop, fall on my belly and capture its image on my camera, we are called to live in such a way that we reflect the beauty of God's love so that others might stop and reflect on what they observe in us.

Sometimes we need to stand alone in the world so that the love of God stands out.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment