Thursday, October 9, 2014

Living With the Promise

Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado

The Garden of the Gods is not only a never ending source of photographs, it is a never ending source of inspiration.

It was my birthday. That evening I decided to head to the Garden to "pray with my eyes." When I reached the top of a hill at Woodmen and Lexington, I looked down into the Garden some miles away and saw a storm brewing.

I had a choice: I could return home or keep moving. I chose the latter.

After waiting a while in the north parking lot and after the storm chased away most of the visitors, I ventured out into the Garden and was surprised by this double rainbow.

God told Noah, "'Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember my everlasting promise to every living animal on earth.'" Genesis 9:16 God's Word to the Nations

The rainbow, like the cross, stands between us and God. It is he who has established both. He remembers his promises through these signs.

God will never destroy the world by flood again, nor will God remember the flood of your sin.

The promise is written in the sky.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment