Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Making Noise

Victor, Colorado

I don't know what a drum has to do with cigars, yet at sometime Baxter's decided it was a good logo for their product: Baxter's 5 cent cigars. I guess it was because it "beats all" as another Baxter sign declared.

I often hear beating drums in my neighborhood. I don't live far from the high school my sons attended. This time of year I often hear the beat of drums coming from that school at football games and practices. When I hear the drums I take notice.

"Sing praises to God, our strength. Sing to the God of Jacob. Sing! Beat the tambourine. Play the sweet lyre and the harp. Blow the ram's horn at new moon, and again at full moon to call a festival!" Psalm 81:1-3 New Living Translation

God calls us to beat the drum of his salvation, or at least the tambourine.

The world notices when the Christian community makes music to the Lord. Martin Luther stated, "Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world." It is the greatest treasure of all because among Christians it clearly proclaims the message of Jesus.

The one thing I know about drums is that they are loud. I pray that the you and I loudly proclaim God's love in music.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment