Monday, October 13, 2014

Choices, Choices, Choices

Monarch Ski Area, Colorado

Here was my choice: Do I head down the difficult slope, Picante, or the not so difficult, Ticaboo? The problem was that I had to make the choice before I saw the condition of either slope.

Just because Picante rated difficult didn't mean it was harder than Ticaboo. Put moguls on a blue and it becomes much harder for me than a groomed black. From this point I couldn't tell which run was going to be easier. 

See the guy to the left? That was my choice too, and it was an amazing (albeit too short) run down Picante.

What goes into the process of the choices you make?

"Acknowledge him in all your ways, and he will make your paths straight." Proverb 3:6 New English Translation

I wonder if we worry too much about the choices we make rather than acknowledging God as we make our choices. Worry accomplishes nothing, even when we're worrying about doing God's will. Worry leads to the choice of doing nothing.

Today, acknowledge God in the midst of your choices then ride the slope.

By the way, Picante was so amazing I never took Ticaboo.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR

No comments:

Post a Comment