Sunday, October 12, 2014

At Rest

Grand Lake, Colorado

The hummingbirds found here in the Rocky Mountains beat their wings 53 times per second in normal flight.  There are other hummingbirds elsewhere who beat their wings an unbelievable 80 times per second.

I have a feeling that this little guy, feeding in Grand Lake, found a welcomed reprieve at this feeder.

Maybe you're life resembles a hummingbird's, only it's not your wings that are flapping 50 times per second, instead, your feet never stop moving.  From the time you roll out of bed at 5:00 am until you go to bed at midnight your body is in perpetual motion.

"Oh, that I had wings like a dove; then I would fly away and rest!" Psalm 55:6 New Living Translation

If memory serves me right, this is not the first time that I've written a blog on rest.  Maybe that's because rest is something I crave.

I don't believe I'm alone.  Our minds need rest.  Our hearts need rest.  Our bodies need rest.

Oh God, may we fly away today and find rest under your wings of grace and forgiveness!

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment