Monday, October 20, 2014

Tears of Peace

Black Forest, Colorado

No, this is not a miracle. The statue is not crying. It had rained heavily the day before I made this trek to the Black Forest, and these raindrops reminded me of tears.

"Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear to my cry; hold not your peace at my tears! For I am a sojourner with you, a guest, like all my fathers." Psalm 39:12 English Standard Version

How does someone smile through their tears? This woman, who represents peace, appears to be smiling as tears stream down her face.

Even for some of us tougher-than-nails men, there are things that bring tears to our eyes.

The death of a close friend.

The feeling that we won't be reconciled to a son or a daughter.

The loss of everything we own due to fire.

How do we smile when we experience these kinds of tragedies? The tears of peace are the tears we cry knowing that God has the final word.  The cross of Jesus guarantees that death, brokenness and fire cannot rob us of our relationship with God.

Besides, one day all that brings tears of pain will disappear, only to be replaced by those things that bring tears of joy.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment