Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ugh!

Tincup Cemetery, Colorado

It took me a while to set up this picture. I designed it so that the fence line pointed at the aspen groves on the hills in the distance. So I set up my tripod, adjusted my aperture and shutter speed and took the picture, but I never saw the problem.

The problem is the jet trail in the bright blue sky. Ugh!

This picture is a reminder that nothing, and no one, is perfect. There is always something that I would change in the pictures that I take. It might relate to composition or light or unwanted objects, but there is always something reminds me that no picture is perfect.

"For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins." Romans 3:23 New Living Translation

If a picture were taken of each one of our lives it would show some imperfection. These imperfections would not be reflected merely in our physical appearance but in our character. Sin hits us at the core of who we are. "All have sinned."

Too often we stop at verse twenty-three and never move to twenty-four. We are declared to be innocent in the sight of God through Jesus Christ. Paul doesn't say that we MIGHT be declared righteous, but that we ARE declared righteous. Because of Jesus this is who we truly are before God.

Our "ugh" of sin has been changed into a "hug" of mercy through the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment