Saturday, September 27, 2014

Walking into Death


Tincup Cemetery, Colorado

A few of days ago I posted a blog with a picture of a stream running through the Tincup cemetery. This bridge keeps your feet dry as you move into the cemetery over that stream.

There was something inviting for me about this boardwalk. There was something beyond death that called me.

When I prepare for a photo shoot I usually do some research. I had checked the internet to find out what I could about Tincup. In my research I discovered that this cemetery is a popular places to visit.

Some people might come because of who's buried here. Others might make the journey because of the unique layout of the graves which are arranged in four distinct knolls. These are compelling reasons to visit the Tincup cemetery. However, I was drawn because of what lays beyond the cemetery.

The cemetery is spectacular because of what's on the other side of the graves.

"And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband." Revelation 21:2 New Living Translation

Death is ugly. It is the great separator. Nothing brings pain to our souls like the death of someone close to our heart.

In Revelation God gives us a glimpse of what lays beyond death.  Like the aspen groves in the background of this picture, there is the beauty of the new Jerusalem that waits for those who cling to Christ and his mercy for them.

As we walk into death, may we focus not be on death itself, but on the promise of the beauty of being in the presence of God.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2013-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment