Monday, September 8, 2014

What's Our Story?

South Park, Colorado

Colorado is filled with many old buildings that are slowly being consumed by the mountains and prairie. To get up close to many these old building a person must trespass over private land. I saw no trespassing signs when I came upon this structure so I took the opportunity to spend time with a bit of Colorado history.

But what's the story behind this building? Three quarters of the building looks like someone's residence with windows and doors, whereas the latter third looks like a holding pen and ramp for loading sheep or cattle. My gut tells me it served both purposes.

What story do people see when they look at us?

"From now on let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus." Galatians 6:17 English Standard Version

When people looked at Paul they saw the story of Jesus in the scars of suffering Paul endured for the sake of Jesus.

When people look at us they see the story of God's love in Jesus. They will see the scars of bearing our cross as well as the joy of being his disciple.

What's our story? It's a story of God's redeeming love lived out in a unique way by each one of us.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment