Sunday, September 14, 2014

Designed to Fly

Campbell River, Vancouver Island, British Columbia

God has designed you to fly.

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
     Wonderful are your works;
        my soul knows it very well." Psalm 139:14 English Standard Version

I love to fly. I had the opportunity to fly a small plane like the one above. A member of a former congregation took me up and gave me a "Discovery Lesson," a lesson given to people who might be interested in flying.

I realized something important: Though I enjoy flying, taking the controls of the plane made me nervous, so much so that my hands dripped sweat on my legs.

Being what God created us to be, that "fearfully and wonderfully made" person, can be frightening.

This float plane was grounded. It was rusting with grass growing over its pontoons chaining it to the ground. Though interesting to look at, it wasn't doing what it was created to do. It wasn't flying.

How many of us are scared to "fly" as God created us to fly? His redeeming love in Jesus sets us free to soar. May God today polish your plane, clip the grass and set you free to fly.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment