Friday, July 25, 2014

The Beauty of the Rose





International Rose Garden, Portland, Oregon

It seemed to me that there were hundreds of people in the International Rose Garden when I took this picture. Even though the major bloom had passed, the roses still looked beautiful, and that beauty attracted multitudes.

Roses are special plants. They are one of the few flowers that so captivate us that we grow gardens of nothing else but roses. You can't say the same thing about marigolds, petunias or geraniums. There might be an International Marigold Garden but I doubt it (a Google search came up empty). The tight spiral and beautiful fragrance of a rose is like nothing else.

You are like nothing else.

"You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands." Psalm 119:73 New Living Translation

God made you. God created you. There is no one like you. I know that I've said this many times in previous blogs, but I cannot say it enough. You are a special creation of the God who has called the universe into existence.

Because God delights in you, he couldn't lose you to sin. His Son accepted the crown of thorns that you might once again glow with the beauty of God's love.

You make this world a better place to live as you reflect the beauty of God's love, as my day was made brighter smelling the roses.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment