Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Romance

Rockaway Beach, Oregon

I did something at Rockaway Beach that I've never done before. I took my tripod to the beach and planted it in the sand. This meant that I would need to clean the legs of the nasty sand at the end of the shoot, but that cost seemed worth paying as I waited for the sun to set.

I stood in the surf for more than an hour. During that hour this couple happened to find their way into my field of view. It doesn't get more romantic than the ocean at sunset.

"Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it." Song of Solomon 8:7 English Standard Version

Many people read the Song of Solomon as a picture of Christ's love for the Church. He is the lover and we are the beloved. He stands in the water with us. He holds our hand. He sings his eternal love song over our lives.

The proof of the depth of his love is the cross. Jesus laid down his life for his beloved. He gives life to his beloved. He forgives his beloved.

This love that God has for you and me will never be quenched. Now that's romance.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment