Saturday, July 12, 2014

Beauty and the Weeds

Beaver Creek, Colorado

No one (except maybe a small child) likes dandelions. Okay, so maybe I'm over stating my case, but it's hard to find a person who cares for their property and likes dandelions. They're a weed, a weed we can't eradicate.

Yet even a weed can look beautiful...and so do you.

Looking in mirror has not been a pleasant task for me lately. The wrinkles have increased. Gravity has moved parts of my body to the south, and age spots appear overnight. Yet that is not all that I see when I look in a mirror.

I see lost opportunities.

I see hateful words spoken when I was at a bad place in my life.

I see failure.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11a

If the Preacher is correct then it means that you and I are beautiful to God.

We are beautiful by virtue of creation. Each one of us has been hand crafted by God.

We are beautiful by virtue of redemption. Christ has forgiven us for our failures, hateful words and lost opportunities. We are forgiven for our sin. We are declared beautiful.

We are beautiful by virtue of holiness. Every day God's Spirit works in us creating something new and wonderful.

The next time you look in the mirror see yourself through God's eyes. That's who you really are.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment