Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Blessed

Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado

I've been blessed to live in some beautiful places. I grew up in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, a short drive both to the Oregon Coast and the Cascade Mountains.

For the past fifteen years I've been blessed to call Colorado my home. It's a short journey west of Colorado Springs and you're in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Turn to the East and you're quickly in the high plains of Colorado. If you can't decide whether you want to visit the mountains or the plains all you have to do is drive north and south on I-25. Look to the west and you'll see mountains. Look to the west and you'll see plains as far as your eyes can gaze.

I've lived in other places that some would say aren't beautiful, but I disagree. I've lived in Michigan, Missouri and Nebraska. These states are usually not on people's top ten list for beautiful places to live, yet they were to me.

You don't have to travel to the ocean or wind your way through the mountains to stand in awe of the power of our Creator God. There is beauty in the desert.  There is beauty in the prairie. There is even beauty in Southern California. (Remember, I come from Oregon.)

"So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation." Genesis 2:3 English Standard Version

As those who have been redeemed by Christ we have that privilege of seeing creation for what it is: An amazing touch of God's power, grace and beauty.

God rested from his work of creation not because he was tired, but to enjoy what he made. May that be your experience today no matter where you live.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment