Monday, April 20, 2015

No More Games

Cali

Click on this SoundCloud link to listen to an audio recording of today's blog.

Okay, so the PS2 is a little over Cali's head, but that doesn't stop her from playing games. Like most cats she chases a laser light, turns on a hand that's petting her and plays with a mouse until she loses interest. In the latter case I have seen the mouse go free and die. Cats!!!

We often play games with God.

Adam and Eve were good at playing games with God, blaming someone else for the fall into sin. Adam blamed Eve and Eve blamed the serpent. Don't you find it interesting how, in the curse, God starts with the serpent and ends with Adam, reversing the order.

You can't play games with God. That's a lesson Job learned. "Job answered the LORD, 'I'm so insignificant. How can I answer you? I will put my hand over my mouth.'" Job 40:3-4 God's Word to the Nations

After wrangling with God about his suffering, Job finally tells God that he's going to stop playing games and shut up.

God doesn't answer Job's question about his suffering, yet he doesn't leave him without hope. God's simple answer to Job is this: "You be you, Job, and I will be me...trust me."

God's answer might not satisfy us, but it's better than knowing the answer to our questions of why me, why this, why now. God's call is to stop playing games and trust him.

God's call is to look to the cross and see the suffering of his Son in our place and trust in the power of the empty tomb.

Join the conversation on our Facebook group: Praying With the Eyes
You can listen to the Praying With the Eyes broadcast on The iB Network Internet radio station every Sunday at 8:00 & 11:30 am, as well as, 1:00 & 8:00 pm MDT (www.ibnetwork.us). You can also listen to the show using the Tunin app on your mobile device.  

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2015 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.

No comments:

Post a Comment