Thursday, April 9, 2015

Life and Death

SolVista, Colorado

Click on this SoundCloud link to listen to an audio recording of today's blog.

We're probably attracted to the purple flowers rather than the brown ones in this picture, yet for there to be more purple flowers there must be brown ones. There must be death for there to be life.

"For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies." 1 Corinthians 15:53 New Living Translation

Lately I've been feeling like the brown flowers in this picture. My back aches when I get up in the morning and when I go to bed at night. I go skiing with my son and it takes a week to recover. When I sit on the floor I'm not sure I'll get off the floor.

Age happens. This fact is based on what we observe on a daily basis. This aging process is a reminder of the reality of death. Death happens.

Yet, resurrection also happens. This fact is not based on what we observe but on a promise. What is now decaying will rise from the dead.

In the end, life wins. Jesus' resurrection from the dead is our guarantee that we will live.

Join the conversation on our Facebook group: Praying With the Eyes
You can listen to the Praying With the Eyes broadcast on The iB Network Internet radio station every Sunday at 8:00 & 11:30 am, as well as, 1:00 & 8:00 pm MDT (www.ibnetwork.us). You can also listen to the show using the Tunin app on your mobile device.  

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2015 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.

No comments:

Post a Comment