Sunday, March 15, 2015

Who Am I? I'm a Reflector or Love


Click on this SoundCloud link to listed to an audio recording of today's blog.

"Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:11 English Standard Version


In the past thirty-two years I've lost track of the number of weddings at which I've officiated. If a couple caught me after worship and told me that I presided at their wedding thirty years ago, I'd believe them, even if I didn't recognize them.

However, I've recently added something special to say about the rings the couple exchanges after they've spoken their vows to each other. I remind the couple that long before God called the world into existence he loved their partner. And now, this ring is symbol that they have promised to love this person as God does. They are to reflect God's love to their newly embraced spouse.

This reflection of God's love isn't limited to newlyweds. This reflection of love is a part of our identy as followers of Christ. Through our baptismal call, we are God's light in the world in much the same way the moon reflects the sun's light.

Where is God calling you to reflect his love? Is it in your marriage? Is it in your dead end job? Is it in ... you fill in the blank. I would guess that most of us have felt the tug of the Holy Spirit to express God's love at some critical intersection of humanity.

Who am I? I'm a reflector of God's love to a world he called into existence.

Join the conversation on our Facebook group: Praying With the Eyes
You can listen to the Praying With the Eyes broadcast on The iB Network Internet radio station every Sunday at 8:00 & 11:30 am, as well as, 1:00 & 8:00 pm MDT (www.ibnetwork.us). You can also listen to the show using the Tunin app on your mobile device.  

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2015 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.

No comments:

Post a Comment