Friday, April 25, 2014

Partnership

Acaguaque, Honduras

This picture is a lesson in partnership.

The people of Acaguaque have built this kitchen next to their church. The did everything themselves. It's my understanding that they not only nail these timbers in place, they cut them. Everything looked good except for one thing. The kitchen needed a metal roof.

Everything they did cost blood an sweat but very little money. The roof would cost more than they could afford at this time...and the rainy season was just around the corner.

These kitchens, which are built next to the churches supported by Betesda, play a critical role in feeding the children of these communities. Without a roof, this kitchen would sit unused, meaning that the children might go hungry.

When I returned to Colorado Springs I shared the need with a couple of people. The money was raised that week, and is now in the hands of Betesda to purchase the material and install the roof.

All it cost was $400; such a meager amount for us, but gold to the people of Acaguague.

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with , for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now." Philippians 1:3 New Living Translating

NEXT...chickens!

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)
  
Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.

No comments:

Post a Comment