Saturday, February 22, 2014

To the One Who Conquers

Cripple Creek, Colorado

I'm not a car guy. I can't tell you what this engine belonged to even though it seemed to sit on a motorcycle chassis. I thought it was part of an ice sculpture representing the Ghost Rider, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.

Though I don't know much about car engines, I do enjoy watching them race, and tomorrow is a big day for race fans. The NASCAR season kicks off with the running of the Daytona 500. At the end of the race, through all the pit stops and accidents, one driver will be crowned the winner of NASCAR's premier race.

What if I told you that I knew without a doubt who would win the race? You wouldn't believe me.  I can't predict who it will be.

However, I do know that all who remain faithful to Christ win the race.

"The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels." Revelation 3:5 English Standard Version

John doesn't say that the person who conquers in life might be clothed in white garments.  Instead he states emphatically that this person will be clothed in white garments, the garments that Christ has purchased for his people.  This person's name will never be blotted out of the book of life.

Most importantly, as you and I remain in this faith, Christ will confess our name to the Father. "Father, this is my brother, (insert your name)." "This is my sister, (insert your name)."

The beauty about winning this race is that it doesn't depend on us. It depends on Jesus. He finished his race, that he might guarantee our victory. He has given us his Holy Spirit to constantly guide us in the race that he has already won for us; for you.

Tomorrow one racer will conquer the rest at Daytona. One day we will realize what it means that we are victors in Christ.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-14 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR

No comments:

Post a Comment