Thursday, February 6, 2014

Acceptance

Palmer Lake, Colorado

Let's get something straight: Beavers are rodents. As an Oregon Duck fan I must make that statement since I'll be writing about beavers the next three days.

Above the city of Palmer Lake, Colorado, are a couple of reservoirs. At the far end of the second of these lakes were three beavers who allowed me into their world. Beavers tend to be shy creatures but these guys permitted me sit and watch them.

Letting people into our lives isn't easy.

"Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory." Romans 15:7 New Living Translation

Notice that Paul says "accept each other" he doesn't say "change each other." These beavers allowed me into their world. I didn't have to change. One swam in front of me, staring at me for quite some time.

There are people we want to invite into our lives, others with whom we're okay if they're in our lives and others whom we'd like to keep out of our lives. Thank God that he hasn't made the same distinctions among humans or some of us wouldn't be accepted by him.

Okay, so all of you Oregon State Beaver fans out there, I accept you and I hope you can accept a die-hard Duck.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-14 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR


No comments:

Post a Comment