Sunday, February 9, 2014

Piece of Cake

Monarch Ski Area, Colorado

Don't you want to strap on the skis or snowboard and head down this ski run? It looks so easy, so gradual. The snow is soft. The run is groomed. Shouldn't be any problem, right?

Then you stand at the top of the hill and start sliding away and your realize that you now straddle the line between control and lack of control (and it's only an intermediate run).

"Let go of your concerns! Then you will know that I am God. I rule the nations. I rule the earth." Psalm 46:10 God's Word to the Nations

Skiing is one of those activities that teaches you to let go. If you spend the day worrying that you're going to fall it will be a bad day of skiing.

If we spend our lives worrying that something bad is going to happen to us we'll never enjoy the day. I'm not saying that everyday will be amazing but why worry about whether we're going to fall or not?

Faith is the act of letting go into the hands of our God who let go of his Son and sent him to the cross that we might cast all our anxieties on him. And when we cast our anxieties on him, God reveals to us that he indeed rules the earth.

I haven't strapped on my skis yet this year. Hopefully, in less than two weeks, Janice and I will head out to Cooper and enjoy a day of cruising. I'll be letting go!

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-14 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR


No comments:

Post a Comment