Friday, May 8, 2015

You've Got to Begin Somewhere

Cascade Mountains, Oregon

Click on this SoundCloud link to listen to an audio recording of today's Blog.

There is nothing spectacular about this photograph other than it was snapped with my first serious camera, a 35mm Olympus OMG, which now collects dust in my closet). This chipmunk just happened to be one of my original subjects.

Our first son, Joel, was born the summer I purchased that camera. We took him to Oregon to meet his grandparents. My excuse for buying the camera in Oregon was that I didn't have to pay sales tax. That was nearly 31 years ago. Ever since that time I have gone through spurts of taking pictures. There are times when I seem consumed with it and times when I could care less; time of inspiration and times of drudgery.

But it all began the summer of 1984.

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1 English Standard Version

There is so much debate within the Christian community about "when" the beginning took place that we relegate to the sidelines the confession of the Church that God called all creation into existence.

This planet, our solar system and galaxy, the furthest reaches of the universe have their beginning in God and God alone.

When you step outside today take a deep breath, I mean a really deep breath and slowly exhale. That which we breath has its beginnings in God. Then take a few moments and stare at your hands. Like the air we breathe, you have your beginning in God.

Thank God for beginnings!!!

Join the conversation on our Facebook group: Praying With the Eyes
You can listen to the Praying With the Eyes broadcast at the iB network on Sundays at 8:00 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm MDT (www.ibnetwork.us). You can also listen to the show on the iB network on Tunin Radio.  

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2015 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment