Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pressing On

Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Click on this SoundCloud link to listen to an audio recording of today's Blog.

"It's not that I've already reached the goal or have already completed the course. But I run to win that which Jesus Christ has already won for me." Philippians 3:12 God's Word to the Nations

The task of this climber looks daunting as there's no goal in sight. How much higher must she climb to reach the top? Does this route even lead to the top? How much energy does she have left to complete the climb? Will her belayer be ready should she fall?

Though I don't know if this climber finished her ascent, I do know that I didn't finish mine. I never made it to the summit in my attempts to rock climb. The ascents were to difficult.

That might sound like your walk in Christ, or should I say climb. I've had that person in my office who gave up. The ascent was too difficult. It was easier to rappel down than continue the climb of faith.

Paul never took his eyes off of the prize that was already his though faith in Christ. It wasn't that he was earning anything from God through the way he lived his life. The outcome was already guaranteed. Paul didn't want to miss the view of an eternity spent in the presence of the Victor who overcame death for him.

Though I didn't stick around to see this woman finish her climb, my gut tells me that she did. May we not give up either, knowing that the journey here is worth the view that has been guaranteed for us.

Join the conversation on our Facebook group: Praying With the Eyes
You can listen to the Praying With the Eyes podcast on iTunes on the 1st and 15th of each month, as well as at SoundCloud.com by searching for "Praying With The Eyes."  

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2015 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment