Thursday, May 28, 2015

"My, Oh, My!"

Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Colorado

Click on this SoundCloud link to listen to an audio recording of today's Blog.

Dave Niehaus (pronounced, Knee House), will be forever remembered for his game winning call in the 1995 Division Series game between the Mariners and the Yankees. Dave was the play-by-play announcer for the Seattle Mariners. When Ken Griffey, Jr. cross the plate with the game winning run he yelled, "my, oh, my."

King David might have felt the same way when he thought about his God.

"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my Savior, my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the strength of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2 God's Word to the Nations

Eight times David used the word "my." However, unlike Niehaus, King David used this pronoun to declare something amazing about his God instead of another person. David's God is his rock, fortress, Savior, shield and stronghold. Maybe David had something in mind like these rock formations at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

Verse one of this psalm tells us that David sang these words when God had rescued him. God has rescued you and as such he is your rock, fortress and Savior. You have been rescued from the jaws of hell, the pit of despair and brutality of your bad choices.

Can you say, "my, oh, my"?

Join the conversation on our Facebook group: Praying With the Eyes
You can listen to the Praying With the Eyes podcast on iTunes on the 1st and 15th of each month, as well as at SoundCloud.com by searching for "Praying With The Eyes."  

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2015 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment