Friday, August 1, 2014

A Change of Perspective

Lookout Mountain, Colorado

Why is it that in the mountains, thistles are beautiful, but in our backyards they're nothing more than a toxic weed? I didn't take just one picture of this thistle in its mountain location, I took numerous pictures. In this setting the thistle was beautiful.

However, when a thistle appears in my backyard (which they do much to my frustration), I remove it before it goes to seed. I don't think about these thistle in the same manner as I do those in the mountains.

"My dear brothers and sisters, how can you claim to have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ if you favor some people over others?" James 2:1 New Living Translation

Thistles are thistles whether they grow in the mountains or our backyards. People are people no matter who they are and where they come from.

Jesus died for all.

The call of the cross is to treat all people as those for whom Jesus died, not just the people who are like us, or who for some reason like us. The next time you walk the streets of you town and pass someone on the sidewalk, say to yourself, "this is a person for whom Jesus died."

It might just change your perspective.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment