Friday, December 20, 2013

To Such Belongs the Kingdom


I actually wear this hat in public.That shouldn't surprise those of you who know me, yet I have to admit if you stare at this hat long enough it's kind of creepy. Maybe that's why people keep their distance from me when I'm wearing it.

This is not the only hat in my closet. Since I don't have much in the way of "natural" protection on the top of my head I find that I wear hats more often than I use to. I even wear them in my house when the temperatures plummet outside.

The world is cold place and children experience this coldness in alarming ways.

Children shoot children in our schools.

Other children are sold into slavery.

Still other children suffer all sorts of abuse.

We think about children at Christmas.  They sit on Santa's lap, they sing of Jesus in our Christmas pageants, and stare in wonder at the lights on the Christmas tree, yet they often take the brunt of the coldness of this world.

"When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children." Mark 10:14 New Living Translation

Oh that we would have the heart of Jesus and value children. We adults are the hats that keep our children from experiencing the coldness of the world. Our tender embraces, words of kindness and kissing of boo boos are the blessings of Jesus for children today.

We might look as goofy as this duck hat to others as we stand for children, but it's our calling from God.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2013 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.

No comments:

Post a Comment