Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Power of Snow


As I sit to write this blog our nation is in a deep freeze. From the Pacific Northwest to the Northeast, even reaching down into the southern states, we're in the grip of winter. It's so cold here in Colorado Springs that you can't make a snowman.

For many of us the story of Frosty the Snowman is an important part of our preparation for Christmas. To be honest with you, I'm much more interested in making a snowman than listening to the story of Frosty. I'm sorry. I really don't mean to offend anyone, but I've never been all that interested in a talking snowman.

However, I love snow, even in this extreme cold. I love the way it crunches under my feet and how it covers all the garbage with which we litter God's creation. Snow is a wonderful picture of grace.

"'Come now, let's settle this,' says the LORD. 'Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.'" Isaiah 1:18 New Living Translation

The mercy of Christ that declares our crimson lives white as snow is an amazing power. You and I know how crimson are our sins. We live with their reality from day-to-day, yet through Jesus we are forgiven.

You are forgiven. Today God sees you as white as snow through the blood of his Son.

Interesting isn't it? What declares us white as snow is marked by its crimson flow.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2013 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.

No comments:

Post a Comment