Friday, November 21, 2014

WOW!

Colorado Springs, Colorado

"For though I am far away from you, my heart is with you. And I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong." Colossians 2:5 New Living Translation

It's almost 10:30 pm. I started work at six this morning and ended (sort of) at six tonight. It's been a long week of long days, yet I feel blessed tonight. Through Facebook, I connected with a friend and former coworker at Holy Cross who lives in Germany.  

This picture of the two finches paints a picture of this Facebook conversation.

These two female house finches probably were not aware of each other's presence. They might as well have been separated as far as America is from Germany. They are busy doing what they must do everyday; similar to how we go about our lives, yet the angle of the camera brings them both into view.

Though we might be separated from people we love by a great distance (and I'm not only talking about physical distance), God sees us all. And in God's vision he unites us even when we are separated. That's why Paul says to the Colossians, "for though I am far away from you, my heart is with you."

Paul had the heart of Christ, and so do you and I. It is this heart of Christ that can make even a Facebook conversation feel like a family reunion.

Tonight, all I can say is WOW.

Join the conversation on our Facebook group: Praying With the Eyes

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.

No comments:

Post a Comment