Friday, November 28, 2014

Another Place of Grace

Oregon Coast

The older I get the more I enjoy solitude. After fifty-eight years of life experiences, there is much that swirls in my brain. I need more time to stop over-thinking life.

I need more time to remove the layers of life and sit open before God.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts." Psalm 139:23 New Living Translation

I've expended a great deal of time covering up my anxious thoughts or making excuses for them. I've busied my life with clutter in a feeble attempt to hide myself from God (and others).

The beauty of solitude, of removing the layers, is the acceptance of grace. Far too often I've lived as though God wanted to punish me, so I covered up my sin. Hidden sin clings like pet hair. Grace releases sin.

There is nothing more freeing than being vulnerable before God. It's my prayer that you find that place of solitude with God for that is the place of grace.

Join the conversation on our Facebook group: Praying With the Eyes
You can listen to the Praying With the Eyes broadcast at the ib network on Sundays at 8:00 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm and 8:30 pm MST (www.ibnetwork.us). You can also listen to the show on the ib network on Tunin Radio.

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment