Saturday, November 1, 2014

Going Low

Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Sometimes you have to go low to get the shot.  

I really don't like going low, but sometimes you have to get on your knees, even lay on your belly, to get the shot as I did in this picture from the Garden of the Gods.  

What intrigues me in this picture are the leading lines into the fuzzy distance.

"And now, in my old age, don't set me aside. Don't abandon me when my strength is failing." Psalm 71:9 New Living Translation

Growing older can be scary. Our future can appear fuzzy, yet we see the lines that lead to that future. The lines that guide us into the great unknown are recorded in the Word of God.

We have a sure and certain future guaranteed through the merits of Christ. It doesn't depend on what we bring to the table but what God brings. He guides us to the future of his promises in Christ.  This guidance comes in the lines of Scripture.

Maybe it is no coincidence that I had to get on my knees to see these lines. Maybe, just maybe, it is on our knees where we best see God's direction into our future.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment