Friday, November 7, 2014

Head on a Rail

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska

Can you see her? The woman with her head on the rail? When I look at this picture I wonder, "what was she doing?" It doesn't look comfortable. The view wasn't any better. It might have been warmer (catch all the heavy coats and the glacier?). But I really can't figure her out.

But then again, I can't figure out why I do the things that I do, and believe me, I've done some pretty boneheaded things in my life. (For those of you who read this blog and have experienced my boneheaded activities, now is NOT the time to share with the rest of us what they were.)

"For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out."  Romans 7:18 English Standard Version

I'm glad that Paul didn't finish his letter with these words, but a few verses later writes, "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 English Standard Version

This is not an excuse to continue to do boneheaded things, but it's the power to not let them haunt us all our lives.

Not only does forgiveness give us the power to let go of the past, it allows to enjoy the present, and maybe that's what this woman was doing; enjoy the spectacle of Hubbard Glacier.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.  




No comments:

Post a Comment