Monday, May 5, 2014

Planting Seeds

Guayabal, Honduras

This young woman never stopped smiling.

When the children left the church building to hangout, play games and learn about Jesus from the rest of our team, this young woman stayed behind to listen my message.  She smiled the entire time.

Later that morning, I called for our translator, Pablo, because I wanted to tell this young woman how special her smile was. I told her that I thought God would use her smile to help someone else. She looked embarrassed, but as you would expect, she kept smiling.

I might not see this girl again.  I probably won't know how her smile affects others, but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to plant a seed.

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth." 1 Corinthians 3:6 English Standard Version

God calls us to work hard at planting and watering seeds in the lives of others.  I'm certain that an opportunity will arise today for us to plant or water a seed.

We work hard at planting and watering the seed, but only God gives the growth.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)
  
Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.

No comments:

Post a Comment