Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cali

Why?

Cali is sitting on top of my dresser, but why? The only reason Cali took a nap on my dresser was because she could. And get this, with all the junk on top of my dresser, she didn't disturb anything.

Isn't that often the case with cats. You find them walking on counters, sleeping on televisions and climbing on roofs. They love to go places and do ridiculous things but leave no trace of where they've been. No place is out of reach to a cat.

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10 New Living Translation

Some of us might feel that our lives resemble the top of my dresser, a place out of reach to God. Our lives might be messed up by choices we've made or experiences we've had. The promise of God through Isaiah is true for us. There is no place absent from God's "victorious right hand."

When Janice and I leave our house the cat will play. I'd love to have a "kitty cam" that records her movements when we're not home. However, when we return to our house, it looks like the cat has slept all day.

We don't always sense the presence of God, but the presence of his right hand is always with us.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2013 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment