Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bear Creek Park, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Mud season.

Many mountain dwellers in Colorado take vacation in the Spring. They call it mud season. All the snow that graced the slopes on which they skied turns liquid. This liquid turns the soil into mud. And unless you're an elementary student, there isn't much you can do in the mud.

As such, it is time to get out of Aspen, Vail and Breckenridge and visit the grand kids.

What's your mud season? When do you know that a change is needed in your life? Lately I've been struggling with my tendency to be conformed to the world's standards. I've done it all my life. I'm feeling like I'm going through a personal mud season.

"Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God– what is good and well-pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2 New English Translation

Notice that Paul's focus is not on behavior but on thinking. Isn't that where transformation begins? Isn't our thought process where the Holy Spirit works the hardest? And the tool of the Holy Spirit is the Word of God. Otherwise we'll be back where we started.

Critical for me in my mud season is to stop hearing the serpent in my ear saying, "Did God really say," and trust that God really did speak his Word. And this Word brings us back to Christ and the power of the cross.

It's good to experience mud season.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2013 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment