Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cali

The choice is NOT ours.

Let me introduce you to Cali. I know that many of you don't care for cats...I've seen the bumper stickers. However Cali has been a part of our house since 2005. She was part of litter of cats that were left at the doorstep of Holy Cross. I picked her but if you know anything about cats, they make the final choice.

Cali chose my wife, Janice.

Janice grew up on a farm where cats had a utilitarian purpose. They spent their lives out in the barn. The only food they were fed was a daily dose of fresh cow milk. Other than that, cats had to do their job like everyone else.

In other words, Janice didn't form attachments to cats, but Cali has formed an attachment to Janice.

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that remains, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you." John 15:16 New English Translation

Left to our broken sinful nature we would not choose God but he has chosen us. He has chosen you. It doesn't make sense why he would choose you and me but he has. This fact is humbling.

He has chosen you for an eternity with him and promised that he will never leave you. With such a promise we bear fruit today.

As God's chosen, let's ask for God's will to be done among us.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2013 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 


1 comment: