Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pancake Rocks, Pikes Peak, Colorado

Built upon the rock.

A friend of mine would say, "Roll Tide."  I say, "Go Ducks."  And from the looks of this rock formation on Pike's Peak, I WIN!

(For those of you who follow this blog and don't know who I am, you need to understand that even though I didn't attend the University of Oregon, I am a Duck fan.)

Thousands of people visit Pikes Peak every year but most will never see these rocks.  The climb is long and exhausting for the person who is out of shape like me.  But the view is spectacular.

And God placed one thinly laid rock upon another to fashion a duck, just for me (at least I'd like to think so).

"You are built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets. Christ Jesus himself is the cornerstone.  In him all the parts of the building fit together and grow into a holy temple in the Lord. Through him you, also, are being built in the Spirit together with others into a place where God lives."   Ephesians 2:20-22 GW

You are a stone built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone.  Though the rocks may look goofy, forming the head of a duck, they are where God has placed them.  And so it is with you.

You are where God wants you to be.  Which also means that you are a part of a much bigger structure called the Church.

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment