Saturday, October 27, 2012

North Gateway Rock, Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Like a rock!

This path has a specific destination.  It does not wander.  It does not change directions.  It is headed to only one place.

Since taking this picture I have been filled with some regret.  When I snapped it I was in a picture taking mood.  In other words, I needed to fill my memory card, which would have been an impossible task that night.  The sun was dropping behind Pikes Peak and time was running out.

I didn't stop to take in what I was about to capture.  I positioned myself to the side of the walkway.  I studied the rock.  I frame the pic.  "Click."  And I was off to take another picture.  I missed soaking in the rock formation.

Since that night I have spent significant time pondering this photograph.  I now have it posted as my wallpaper on my work computer.

"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God." Psalm 62:6-7 ESV

It is easy to get distracted at the Garden of the Gods.  A person who ambles the trails can wander in many directions.  There are multiple rock formations that capture the imagination but this path leads in the direction of only one of them; toward the North Gateway Rock and the center of the Garden.

It is easy to get distracted from God's path for our lives.  I'm not talking about the specific details of doing this or that job, marrying this or that person or buying this or that car.  I'm talking about the path laid out for us in his word that leads to Christ, our Rock.

There is one path that leads to the Rock and it is worth not being distracted as we journey on it.

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.  





No comments:

Post a Comment