Sunday, September 30, 2012

Glen Eyrie, Colorado Springs, Colorado

More than just a beautiful rock.

Tragedy struck Colorado Springs this summer.  The Waldo Canyon fire burned thousands of acres, destroyed over 350 homes and damaged many more.  Those of us who live here are reminded of this fire every day.    We look to the west and see nothing but the blackened forest of the Rampart Range.  The scar from this fire will be with us for our lifetime. 

It hurts.

However, the rock formations in the Garden of the Gods and Glen Eyrie stand as tall as ever.

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."  Psalm 18:2 ESV

Our lives might resemble the ravaged homes and charred forest of the Waldo Canyon fire, but God stands as our rock in midst of these personal tragedies.

The gift of faith sees Jesus even when life seems hopeless.

And to our first responders who saved lives and homes, we cannot say thank you enough.  You are more than a blessing from God.

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment