Monday, November 25, 2013

Redemption

Grandson, Nolan

Okay, so I'm a little proud of my grandson, Nolan...well I'm really proud of my son and daughter-in-law. And I can't forget about Nolan's brother, Eli.  

God is a God of redemption.

There is nothing from my past that says I deserve to have the family that I do. I'm not saying that I did everything wrong, but I didn't do everything right either, and I'm not saying that I always did my best.

My family is a place of grace, and I see that grace in my grandsons. They don't know my past. They accept me as their grandpa. Granted, Nolan is a little to young to understand my hugs, yet he allowed me hold him and talk to him for a short time soon after his birth.

"O Israel, hope in the LORD! For with the LORD there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption." Psalm 130:7 English Standard Version

Nowhere has this truth been more evident to me than in my family.

For those of you who are grandparents (and others) I invite you to a very special blog, Grandma's Briefs, written by a member of my congregation, Lisa Carpenter. She is an amazing writer and an inspiration to me in writing this blog.  Here is the link to her blog.  Enjoy!

http://www.grandmasbriefs.com/

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2013 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.

No comments:

Post a Comment