Monday, October 14, 2013

Show Me What to Do

Theresa Mine, Victor, Colorado

I don't know what these wheels do. I've never worked at a gold mine, but I'm sure that these wheels play an important role in making this mine work. Show me what they do and I'll probably be able to work these wheels.

When it comes to mechanical things, I don't have a clue how they work. I can tear apart anything, but don't ask me to put it back together. So when it comes to learning new things, I gain knowledge by watching others.

"What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me-- practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9 English Standard Version

We probably learn best by following the example of others. Paul recognizes this fact and encourages his friends in Philippi to follow his example. Living as a redeemed person was new stuff to his readers. Living as a child of God doesn't come naturally to us either.

We learn best when we watch those who are mature in Christ live their faith. I would encourage you to find someone you respect and follow in his/her footsteps. It's a great way to learn what it means to live as a child of God.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2013 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment