Thursday, October 31, 2013

No Laughing Matter

Charleston Harbor, Charleston, South Carolina

I'm not great at identifying birds, but according to my National Audubon Society Field Guide, this might be (I repeat might be) a Laughing Gull. According to the field guide this gull has a loud, high pitched ha-ha-ha-ha-haah-haah-haah-haah-haah sound. I'm not sure that this sound would seem hilarious to people surrounded by these gulls.

Satan is no laughing matter.

"Keep your mind clear, and be alert.  Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion as he looks for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8 God's Word to the Nations

Halloween is one of those celebrations that elicits polarizing emotions. I'm not entering into that discussion. My goal is not to persuade you one way or the other. It is my goal to challenge you to believe that Satan is real and that he wants nothing more than for you to fall away from Jesus Christ.

That is his sole design.

I don't usually add a second Bible passage but in this case I can't resist. In his final word to the Romans Paul wrote, "The God of peace will quickly crush Satan under your feet." Romans 16:20 God's Word to the Nations

Satan's demise is guaranteed. Jesus first act of victory was his descent into hell. There he proclaimed his victory over.  Now God has given us his Spirit as the guarantee that in the end, the devil loses.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment