Monday, August 5, 2013

Walking into the Light

Portland, Oregon

The butler in Mr Deeds proclaimed that he was "very sneaky." That is how I felt when I took pictures with my iPhone at the Lloyd Center mall. I was very sneaky. When I took this picture (and a bunch more like it) I was sitting on a bench. People walking by thought I was checking my phone. They didn't know that I was taking pictures of their feet.

In this picture these feet are moving out of the darkness into light.

"[Y]ou are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9 New Living Translation

The path out of darkness into the marvelous light of God is a road that Jesus walked for us. Much of Luke's gospel is about Jesus' journey to Jerusalem, a journey that had only one purpose: to save you and me. He walked this journey from Galilee to Jerusalem. In Jerusalem he walked into the darkness of death and yet rose to life.

Our journey is one out of the darkness of sin into the marvelous light of God's mercy. This journey has already been accomplished for us in Jesus and God invites us to join him.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2013 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment