Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Go Ducks!

Portland, Oregon

Those of you who know me well shouldn't be surprised that I'd take a picture of these University of Oregon hats. I didn't have the cash to buy one of these hats.  Had I purchased a hat it would've said something about my personality.

Though I root for the Ducks, I wouldn't wear two of these hats. The one on the left is too busy and the one on the right scares me. The one in the middle is my style, but no matter which hat people wear, they support the same team.

You and I wear different hats in the body of Christ. Some of us are workers. Some of us are planners. Some of us are talkers. Some of us are listeners. Yet we're on the same team, working for the same God who has washed us in the waters of baptism.

"May God...help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus. Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5-6 New Living Translation

There is a reason why these three hats are grouped together. Rather than focusing on one individual hat my thoughts are centered on the team these three hats support.

When we in the Christian community live "in harmony with each other" we experience the dynamic that what we are together, even with our differences, is much greater than we are as individuals. That is why I so often write of the church as the "Christian community." God calls us to walk side-by-side each other and in doing so the world sees Jesus.

And for those of you who follow college football, watch out Alabama. Here come the Ducks!

---------

On a personal note, today I give thanks for my beautiful bride Janice as God has graced us with 35 years of marriage. What an amazing journey. Yes, our marriage has resembled the Jantzen Beach roller coaster, but the ride has been great.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2013 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

1 comment: