Monday, January 12, 2015

The Light That Leads

Lutheran Valley Retreat, Colorado

My portfolio contains many pictures of paths. I see life as a journey. Nothing conveys this aspect of journey better than a hiking trail.  

Our journey on this path of life is not in the dark.

"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105 New Living Translation

The shaft of light crossing this trail captured my attention. It leads me down the path. It draws me to walk further and see what surprises await me on this journey.

God's word has that same affect on our lives. It draws us deeper into the mysteries of God who has revealed himself to us in his Son, Jesus Christ.

There are times when we follow the light and discover something new about who God is.

There are times when we follow the light and we are led to a place of wonder.

There are times when we follow the light and we are led into the great unknown of life.

No matter where you and I see the light of God leading us, we know that it will never lead us astray. His light can be trusted.

Join the conversation on our Facebook group: Praying With the Eyes
You can listen to the Praying With the Eyes broadcast at the ib network on Sundays at 8:00 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm and 8:30 pm MST (www.ibnetwork.us). You can also listen to the show on the ib network on Tunin Radio.  

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2015 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment