Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Beauty of the Sunrise.

Estes Park, Colorado

I don't sleep like I did when I was a teenager. When I was young waking up at noon wasn't unheard of, but  now sleeping until 7:00 am is a struggle.  

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 was one of those days. I was attending a pastor's conference at the YMCA camp in Estes Park, Colorado. I opened my curtains at 5:45 am and was greeted with this amazing sunrise. I quickly put on my clothes, grabbed my ever-present camera and tried to find a good spot to take this picture.

"Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you." Psalm 143:8 New Living Translation

There's something fresh about the morning. The sky looks different. The world looks different. Life looks different. The morning is a good time to hear of the "unfailing love" of God.

God's unfailing love for you allows you to start each day new. The forgiveness of Christ doesn't mean that the new day is a "do over." It's a start over. God remakes our past through the gift of forgiveness. In the Christian community we call that redemption.

Morning gives evidence of the ever-present redemption of Christ.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment