Friday, June 6, 2014

Assurance in the Storm

Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Not long ago I wrote a blog which reflected on my experience with my friend and prayer partner, Dave. You might recall that Dave suffered a stroke on a Sunday evening in April.

God is doing an amazing work in Dave's life. He's back at work, even able to share in a home brew and cigar with good friends. He walks, talks, hugs his children and kisses his wife.

This past Tuesday Janice and I were graced to be with Dave, Jennifer and their children at their home. It was an amazing evening of eating, laughing, walking and talking.

They are thriving in the storm.

Much like this fence, life seems to lead us into storms. We don't have to ask for storms, struggles and strife. We live in a broken, sin-filled world, and as a result there will be times of pain.

"I remember the days long ago. I reflect on all that you have done. I carefully consider what your hands have made." Psalm 143:5 God's Word to the Nations

It is hard to see God, let alone his grace, in the midst of the storm. God calls us to remember his faithfulness in the past, to remember what he has done for us as we face life's struggles. With these memories we can trust that God will be faithful.

As I learned from Dave and Jennifer, God can be trusted even in the storms.

Follow this link to my previous blog on Dave's stroke.

confidence living in great unknown

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2012-2014 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment