Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thanks!

Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado

This is a blog of thanksgiving. Today marks the 365th blog. That's right we've come to the end of the first year of Praying with the Eyes. I have never done anything like this. So, as I reflect on this past year, I must give thanks.

First, I give thanks to God.  "The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him." Psalm 28:7 English Standard Version

There were times that I wasn't sure I had the energy to write another blog. At times the only thing that kept me going was my commitment to write 365 blogs. For me this has been a God sized adventure and I give thanks to him for seeing me through this journey.

Second, I give thanks to you.  "I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus." 1 Corinthians 1:4 New International Version

I don't know a great deal of details about those of you read this blog but I do know that slightly over 100 people read this blog each day. That's a total of over 37,000 page views this year. That blows me away. I thank God for your faithfulness and pray that these devotions have been a blessing to you and will continue to be a blessing.

As for the future, I will continue to write new blogs but intermix them with old ones. If this blog has been helpful to you, please continue to invite others to join in reading it.  I don't receive a dime from any of these blogs.  I'm privileged, as a pastor at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, to write these blogs as a commitment to being a faithful shepherd of the Good Shepherd.

By the way, I think this picture of the Garden of the Gods is my leading candidate for next year's youth auction.

To God be the Glory.

Join the conversation at Praying With the Eyes on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/173881749421231/

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Text and Photographs ©Copyright 2013 Douglas P. Brauner.  ARR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment